Veganized sweet potato cake with vegan icing! It’s a hit!
-4 Roasted sweet potatoes (canola oil cubes at 350F for 30 mins, flip at 15 mins)
-4 tbsp flax seed meal mixed with 12 tbsp water (This will be your egg)
-2 tbsp vanilla
-2 cups sugar
-1 cup canola oil
-3 cups flour
-2 tbsp cinnamon
-2 tsp baking powder
-2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 cup vegetable shortening
-1 1/2 cups icing sugar
– 1 tbsp vanilla
-1 tbsp almond milk
(adjust measurements according to how thick you like your icing)
1) Roast your sweet potatoes.
2) Make your flaxseed eggs and set aside for a couple of minutes.
3) Blend sweet potatoes, ‘eggs’, vanilla, sugar and oil together.
4) Once blended, add flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
5) Bake at 375F for about 50 minutes. Check at 45 and every 5 minutes following until knife comes out clean.
6) In the meantime, make your icing. Blend all icing ingredients together, slowing adding each for desired consistency.
7) Once the cake is fully cooled, add the icing.