I love baking for my husband and his coworkers. This time, I made vegan donuts… which is fitting to the stereotype…he is a police officer, lol. These donuts take like 5 minutes to make and they go well with any topping or glaze. My favourite is a vanilla glaze, coconut and cinnamon sugar (all of which are in the photograph above!) The recipe for the glaze is at the bottom of the page.
-3tbsp Water and 1 tbsp Flaxseed Meal (mixed, these will be your vegan eggs)
-1 cup White Sugar
-1/2 cup Almond Milk
-2 tbsp Coconut Oil
-3 cups Flour
-2 tbsp Baking Powder
-Canola oil for frying
- After mixing your flax meal and water, set it aside for 2 minutes to make your vegan eggs.
2. Then, blend vegan eggs, sugar, almond milk together.
3. Add baking powder and flour.
4. Once fully blended, use a donut cutter (or a cup, then a smaller cup) to make your shapes.
5. Fry until golden brown.
-2 cups Icing sugar
-2 tbsp Almond Milk (add a third if you make the glaze and find it too thick for your liking)
-2 tsp Vanilla
1) Blend the three ingredients together. Yes. That’s it!