I have the non-vegan recipe for these cookies memorized in my head, as I made them with my sweet Momma growing up all the time. They were her prize-winning cookies (literally…we won 1st place at the county fair with them!) She was and still is famous for them, and now it is time to share the special recipe with you, vegan style!
*Yields about 4 dozen cookies!
-1 cup vegan butter (I use vegan Bécel brand.)
– 2 tbsp flax seed meal mixed with 6 tbsp water (these are your vegan eggs)
-2 tbsp vanilla
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 cup white sugar
-2 1/2 cups flour (gluten free if you wish)
-2 1/2 tsp baking powder
-250g bag of vegan chocolate chips (usually dark chocolate chips are dairy free, just double check with the bag at the store)
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Make your eggs! (Blend flaxseed meal and water together and let sit for a few mins.)
3) Combine butter, vanilla, sugars and flax eggs.
4) Mix in flour and baking powder.
5) Add in chocolate chips.
6) Bake for 10-12 mins, checking each minute after 9 mins.
7) Enjoy and be kind!
Let me know how you like my mom’s recipe!!