Yay! To be more accurate, these are actually only blueberry muffins. However, the lemon part is in the topping. Omg it’s so good!
Zest from an entire lemon
1 cup blueberries
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp flax meal
6 tbsp water
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp vanilla
1) Preheat oven to 400F
2) Make your flax eggs in a separate bowl! (Mix 6 tbsp water with 2 tbsp flax meal. Let sit)
3) Make your buttermilk in a separate bowl (Blend the almond milk with the apple cider vinegar)
4) In a large bowl, blend 1 cup of the sugar, flax eggs, buttermilk, coconut oil.
5) Then add the flour and baking powder.
6) Once blended, add in the blueberries.
7) Bake for 15-20 mins, checking each minute after 15 with a knife. Remove from oven with knife comes out clean.
8) TOPPING!! Mix one cup of the sugar with the lemon zest. Sprinkle on the tops of the muffins!)
Enjoy and be kind!