This is soo good in the morning for breakfast with coconut almond milk! Or if you need a an energy-filled snack for a long hike, bike ride or camping trip, this is the stuff!! And it’s vegan, so it’s a win-win!
a) 2 1/4 cups rolled oats (You’ll need two different measurements for oats, because they are for different things.)
b) 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup pepitas (aka pumpkin seeds)
1 cup sunflower seeds (unsalted)
1 cup shaved almonds
3/4 cup real maple syrup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp vanilla
2 cups shaved and toasted coconut
1 cup raisins
1) Heat oven to 220F
2) In your food processor, blend 2 1/4 cups of oats until it’s powdery
3) Then, mix that in with the other dry ingredients (the rest of the oats, pepitas, sunflower seeds, almonds)
4) Bring to a boil the maple syrup, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla and water, stirring lots along the way.
5) Once it’s boiled, remove from head and add it to your dry mixture.
6) Blend syrupy mixture and dry mixture together until it’s all coated.
7) Put in the oven for 1 hour, flipping the mixture over at 30 minutes. (Try not to break the chunks apart too much, that way you’ll have nice big clusters!)
9) Once cool, add coconut and raisins. If you add any other dried fruit, let me know how! I’d love to know how to enhance the recipe!
Enjoy and be kind!