So I need to thank my cousin, Michele who introduced me to chia seeds a while ago! When I transitioned over to a plant-based diet, one of my biggest concerns was, “What am I going to do about substituting yogurt!?” I have literally had yogurt as part of my breakfasts for the past 15 years. But chia seeds? Pfft. I don’t even miss yogurt now!
Before bed, I just whip this up. In the morning I’ll sprinkle fruit on top and voila!
-1/4 cup chia seeds
-1 cup almond milk (if you want to change it up, use chocolate almond milk!)
- Mix chia seeds with almond milk.
- Mix again in like 3 minutes
- …and again in a few more minutes (if you don’t mix a couple of different times, it gets too lumpy)
- Leave for 2 hours. (I just leave it overnight, and it’s all good!)
- Add fruit of your choice when you’re ready to eat!
**Feel free to add some maple syrup to sweeten it up!
Be kind and enjoy!